MECHANIC / FITTER
MECHANIC / FITTER
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be on call on a rota basis and to attend broken down vehicles where necessary anywhere in the UK.
- To ensure vehicles are serviced and maintained in accordance with VOSA standards and all relevant paper work is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all driver defect notices handed to workshop personnel are remedied before the vehicle is returned to service. Defect rectification notices showing work done, parts used, together with the signature of the mechanic concerned, must be completed certifying the vehicle as being roadworthy..
- Should have good fault finding skills along with efficient repair times.
- Principal role as HGV Mechanic but Trailer experience would be advantageous.
- Co-operate with the company on health and safety matters and comply with the company health and safety policy procedures.
- Carry out any other related duties, within reason, as requested by the company management.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- HGV Class 1 Licence with no more than 3 points
- Licence held for more than two years (insurance purposes)
- Understanding of drivers’ hours and work time directive.
- Driver CPC and Digital Tachograph Card
- The ability to work as part of a team, with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude to work, and a good work ethic is essential.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a full time, permanent position (45 hours per week),
- Shifts Mornings and Afternoons
- Holiday entitlement is 28 days (5.6 weeks) which includes bank and public holidays.
Candidates wishing to apply please send your CV to:
Mark Cairns - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for MECHANIC / FITTER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly