Locality Manager Swansea & Neath Port Talbot (Wales)
162 hours 30 minutes per calendar month
Salary starting £22,601 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to make a real difference.
You will be responsible to ensure service specific regulatory, legislative and contractual obligations for the provision of care and support services are met, as per current requirements. You will lead & manage Support Team enabling the people we support to achieve the outcomes of their individual person centred plans and the aims and objectives of the service.
You must have:
- Level 3 Social Care qualification. (Minimum essential required)
- Level 5 Social care qualification in line with the organization's strategic aims or willingness to complete the qualification within a designated time frame.
- Good knowledge and practical implementation of the Social Services & Well-being Act, CSSIW, and Supporting People Framework
- Ability to recognise, challenge and remedy bad practice.
- Experience of working at a supervisory level in care/support setting within the last 3 years.
- Ability to set and work to deadlines.
- Excellent level of people management skills.
- Management skills to main the service to a high standard.
- Ability to travel independently to various locations across the organisation for training, meetings, cover etc. which may involve overnight stays.
- Computer skills in Microsoft office particularly word, excel, outlook and the internet.
- Excellent level of organisation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate clear communication skills both verbal and written.
If you would like to be sent an Information Pack & Application Form please contact HR before the closing date, please see contact details by clicking apply.
Closing Date: 12th May 2017
Interview Date: TBC
As Walsingham Support meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment with us will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings, as well as convictions.
Walsingham Support is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.