Senior / Residential Support Worker
Fantastic opportunity not to be missed! Hafan Saff Cyf are looking for Senior / Residential Support Workers (Children & Young People) to join the team in West Wales. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, the ideal Senior / Residential Support Workers (Children & Young People) will receive a competitive salary of £19,500 - £22,000 per annum.
Hafan Saff Cyf is a Tier 1 provider on the Mid and South Wales Children’s Services Framework. We are committed to high quality, child focused care and to developing an engaged and professional staff team. We achieve this by proactively developing the skills and experience of our staff through regular supervision, ongoing support, training and a competency based appraisal process.
We are a growing company and are currently able to offer fantastic career opportunities to;
- Senior Residential Support Workers
- Residential Support Workers.
We are a company who plan to expand and will open our third home in late 2017.
So what do we offer the ideal Senior / Residential Support Workers (Children & Young People)
- Opportunities to build a career with us as we grow.
- A culture of co-operation and communication, where contributions are welcomed from staff at all levels.
- Providing leading edge training, as yet unavailable anywhere else.
- Pro-actively supporting our staff through regular supervision, ongoing support, training and appraisals.
- Employing a performance based compensation structure.
The responsibilities of the Senior / Residential Support Workers (Children & Young People) will include;
- Provide appropriate care within the home, in line with the home’s Statement of Purpose and the agreed individual care/pathway plans.
- Provide general daily care to young people including as necessary meal preparation and supervision, laundry, cleaning, supervision of social activities etc.
- Promote the ethos of the home.
- Act as a role model.
- Liaise as appropriate with young person’s family.
In addition, Senior RSW’s will;
- Take on key worker duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Assist at discussions with Social Workers as appropriate.
- Develop, review and act on individual care/pathway plans.
- Maintain comprehensive records/reports for key young people.
- Mentor new staff.
Ideally you will already hold QCF Level 3 Children and Young People and have gained experience of working within a Children’s Residential Setting. We do however have some vacancies for which full training, and access to obtaining the qualification will be provided.
If you are interested in finding out more and would like to register your interest in the Senior / Residential Support Workers (Children & Young People) role, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please click apply now!