‘Registered Charity Nos: 216250 and SC037605'
Barnardo's Bays + @InfoNation, 47The Kingsway, Swansea, SA1 5HG
CYM377 Personal Advisor (PW1), Bays + @InfoNation, Western Bay Locality
SALARY: £13,778 - £18,742 per annum
HOURS: 29.6 HPW - working Monday to Thursday
Fixed Term initially until the 31st March 2018, hours will then reduce to 14.8 hours per week until approximately August 2018 (12 month anniversary of start of contract)
Reducing to: £6,889 - £9,371 per annum for 14.8 hours per week
The BAYS + InfoNation Leaving Care Service aims to support and assist care leavers to successfully become independent. The service undertakes this by supporting and assisting care leavers to implement actions identified in their pathway plans.
The key responsibilities for this post are;
- To support and assist young people leaving care to make successful transition to independent adulthood by ensuring the Pathway Planning process is fully utilised and implemented.
- To act as the young person's principle source of contact in matters related to their Pathway Plan.
- To advocate on their behalf to ensure that their rights and entitlements are fully met.
- To agree with young people and the local authority revisions to Pathway Plans.
It is essential that the successful post holder has;
- Experience in working with disadvantaged and/or challenging young people in a relevant setting.
- Experience of liaison with a range of external Agencies.
- Experience of managing a workload and prioritising competing demands
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting young people leaving care.
- Knowledge of the benefits system and housing options as it affects young people.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website by clicking apply, searching for reference CYM377.
Closing Date: 27th July 2017
Interview Date(s): 9th August 2017