7 days left
- Full Time
KSR Electronic Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our team in Swansea, South Wales. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits including contributory pension scheme and private health cover.
For more than 50 years, KSR has been an industry leader in designing, engineering and manufacturing adjustable and fixed pedal modules, food and hand-operated parking brakes, electronic throttle controls and an increasingly wide variety of high performance electronic automotive sensors, and power control modules.
The Management Accountant is the central figure in providing support to the Controller for the financial close process and activities connected with business planning and results projections. This involves liaising with people at all levels in the organisation to provide the data required, ensuring computer reports are available on time, and accurately producing the various reporting packages required. The person will be required to analyse results, be able to present and explain them, in some depth, to management, and recommend improvement actions. In a start-up environment, a variety of other tasks (not necessarily financial) may be expected of this person.
Main Responsibilities of the Management Accountant:
- This individual is responsible for producing and presenting the reporting items listed below:
- manufacturing variances
- unit cost reports
- scrap and process yields
- inventory (in-house and consignment) trends
- department expense and headcount reports
- manufacturing financial package
- financial statistics by customer (profit, ROA etc)
- Assist the Controller with other miscellaneous reporting to Corporate and internally or externally as required.
- Ensure the maintenance and safekeeping of adequate historical records of cost accounting and financial planning data (PC back-ups etc).
- Maintain adequate reserves for inventory, fixed assets etc and appropriate expense accruals, following company and site policies.
- Administer periodical physical counts of inventory and fixed assets, both on- and off-site.
- Assist internal and external auditors.
- Provide support to the Controller and other managers on the Capital Request and appraisal process.
- Other ad hoc analysis projects as required.
Education and Experience required by the Management Accountant:
- University degree in Accounting, MBA or CIMA/ACCA part-qualified/finalist (or equivalents)
- Some Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing company
- Extremely numerate, with high-level PC skills (spreadsheet, database etc)
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and ability to plan ahead and achieve deadlines
- Clear thinker, able to communicate well at all levels, good presentation skills
- Able to work harmoniously with others and supervise a small team
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to be our Management Accountant please click ‘Apply’ now.
KSR Electronic Systems LTD is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST
Apply for Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly