Hornbill Engineering was established in 1989 and over the years the company has grown into a full turnkey solution for electrical, controls and training services. Due to continued growth and retirement we now require an Engineering Manager based at our head office in Llandarcy, South Wales. Projects are carried out throughout Wales, UK and overseas.
To be considered for our Engineering Manager you will need to have minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a senior management role, together with relevant qualifications. Engineering experience especially in electrical and controls contracting would be an advantage. This role also has an element of general management responsibilities.
The company offers an extensive personal development programme at all levels of the organisation. Occasional site visits and overnight travel will be required.
Engineering Manager Essential Experience & Skills:
• Minimum of 5 years proven track record in a relevant leadership role
• Commercial and contracts
• Client liaison and account management
• Budget controls
• Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Systems
• Continual improvement culture
• Ability to lead a team
• Inspire and empower others
• Contribute at a high level within the senior management team
• Direct Management of Staff
• Give Clear Direction
• Staff appraisals and development
Engineering Manager Desirable Experience & Skills:
• Electrical and Controls
• Tender Production
• Site installations
• Personnel logistics and resource planning
• HR assistance
Engineering Manager Qualifications:
• Relevant Degree, Level 5 or equivalent (Essential)
• Engineering Apprenticeship (Desirable)
• Engineering Degree (Desirable)
Essential Personal Qualities:
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Self-starter with a can-do attitude
• Time management skills
• Adapt and manage change
• Excellent written skills
• IT Literate
Location: Swansea - Llandarcy
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter for this Engineering Manager role.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.